Investor Relations Manager
Citco Fund Services is a division of the Citco Group of Companies and is the largest independent administrator of Hedge Funds in the world with offices in Amsterdam, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Cork, Curacao, Dublin, Halifax, London, Luxembourg, Malvern, Miami, New York/New Jersey, Toronto, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney.
Citco (Canada) Inc. has been operating successfully since October 1992 and has established itself as the market leader in hedge fund administration. We offer a complete range of accounting, middle office administration, shareholder and corporate services to hedge funds and collective investment services.
The Investor Relations Department provides an extensive suite of investor services to funds, encompassing the core role of the maintenance of investor registers for the funds to whom we provide administration services. The department verifies each investor to ensure eligibility and compliance with anti-money laundering requirements as well as ensuring that all investor-related transactions are processed. The department handles all investor communications on a daily, weekly, and/or monthly basis.
Main Job Functions/Responsibilities
• Build and maintain client relationships and act as their primary Investor Relations client relationship manager and an escalation point for their interaction with the team;
• Proactively manage the team’s daily workflow, ensuring that deadlines are met and controls are adhered to;
• Ensure that capital transactions and NAVs are processed correctly and efficiently by the team and the associated records are filed and maintained efficiently and comprehensively;
• Ensure that investor reporting and client reporting is accurate and distributed in a timely manner;
• Fully implement the CFS Global IR policies, procedures and best-practice guidelines;
• Liaise internally with the Treasury team, Fund Accounting teams, Compliance team and Internal Auditor(s) to ensure all deadline and deliverables are met;
• Represent the team at IR management meetings and assist with agenda preparation and minute taking;
• Chair team meetings to relay operational updates and discuss IR initiatives;
• Represent Investor Relations at on-site visits with clients;
• Propose and develop department-wide operational improvements in consultation with the other IR managers;
• Provide continuous coaching to team members on operational issues ensuring that system enhancements and process changes are implemented correctly and effectively;
• Conduct Interviews and participate in the selection process of new staff;
• Conduct performance appraisals for team members.
Education, Qualifications and Experience
• Bachelors Degree in Accounting / Finance / Economics or comparable Investor relations and finance experience
• 2+ years experience in the Hedge Fund industry, in Investor Relations and/ or Client Service with some exposure to accounting and performance reporting
• Experience managing staff in a high paced, client facing environment
• Extensive knowledge of compliance and regulatory issues including Know Your Customer (KYC) and anti-money laundering policies
• Proven client relationship skills
• Strong knowledge of Microsoft Office
• Business and Commercial Acumen
• Quality and Risk Management
• Client Relationship Management
• Developing Working Relationships
• Coaching and Developing Others
• Organization & Resource Management
• Drive for Results
We offer you: a challenging job in a rapidly expanding international company already established as the market leader, with an informal company culture. There is the opportunity to expand your knowledge with excellent prospects for a further international career in one of our worldwide offices. We also offer a competitive benefit package including 100% paid medical and dental, 4 weeks’ vacation and a generous compensation package.