Senior Fund Accountant
Citco Fund Services is a division of the Citco Group of Companies and is the largest independent administrator of Hedge Funds in the world with offices in Amsterdam, Bahamas, Bermuda, Cayman Islands, Cork, Curacao, Dublin, Halifax, London, Luxembourg, Malvern, Miami, New York/New Jersey, Toronto, San Francisco, Singapore and Sydney.
Citco (Canada) Inc. has been operating successfully since October 1992 and has established itself as the market leader in hedge fund administration. We offer a complete range of accounting, middle office administration, shareholder and corporate services to hedge funds and collective investment services.
The SFA will form part of a professional team responsible for the financial reporting for a portfolio of international hedge funds. They will be expected to manage and work with a small team of Fund Accountants and local management to deliver and improve our product. Our clients demand the highest standards of execution and you will be key to our success. This is a full-time permanent position located at our 2 Bloor Street East office, in downtown Toronto.
Main Job Functions/Responsibilities
• Oversight and preparation, of financial reports and profit allocation statements, including “net asset value”, to meet client deadlines.
• Execute the financial control elements of the job; covering corporate actions, income and expenses, fees, capital transfers and performance.
• Monitor compliance of various agreements with the clients.
• Work with all team members to improve product quality and consistency.
• Lead migrations & new fund launches to successful completion
• Train and support team members in their development
• Operate as a contact point for clients; able to respond to and resolve queries or escalate where necessary.
• Act as liaison with various internal /external parties – ie auditors, brokers, legal counsel,
Education, Qualifications and Experience
• Finance or Accounting degree required
• Nearly qualified or completed CA, CMA, CGA, CPA or CFA designation preferred.
• An accounting / finance background with relevant experience.
• 3-5 years of experience with hedge funds or investment companies.
• An understanding of investment strategies and financial products (including derivatives)
• Some successful supervisory / management experience would be an asset.
• Excellent written and verbal communication skills.
• Demonstrated financial reporting, analytical and organizational skills.
• Strong Office and Outlook skill set (especially Excel).
• Proven ability to work in a challenging and professional work environment.
• Business, Technical & Commercial Awareness
• Quality & Risk Control
• Problem Solving
• Client Service
• Drive for Results
We offer you: a challenging job in an international company. There is the opportunity to expand your business knowledge with excellent prospects for a further international career in one of our worldwide offices. We also offer a competitive benefit package including 100% paid medical and dental, a minimum of 3 weeks vacation and a generous compensation package.
NOTE: This job description is not intended to be all-inclusive. Employees may perform other related duties to meet the ongoing needs of the organization.